It is almost time for the HIRD filing. Each year, Massachusetts state law requires employers to file a HIRD form that contains information about employer-sponsored benefits offerings.
HIRD filing applies to all employers with six or more Massachusetts employees - in any month – during the 12 months preceding December 15, 2019. The filing is done through MassTaxConnect, which will be available for MA HIRD filing beginning on November 15, 2019 through December 15, 2019.
How will ADP TotalSource assist with this filing?
ADP TotalSource will:
· send out communications to our clients who are required to file notifying them of the requirement; and
· provide applicable employers with the necessary data to complete their HIRD Filing.
This information will be available shortly before the system is open for filing. Please reach out to your dedicated HRBP with any questions, or if you think you should file but have not received an email from us on Nov. 12, 2019.
· ADP TotalSource is not able to complete the filing for clients. Impacted Employers need to do their own filing.
· A Mass Tax Connect login is needed to complete the filing. If you do not have a login, one will need to be created.
· A separate login is needed for each FEIN.
The Massachusetts Department of Revenue has published a Frequently Asked Questions document for your reference MA Department of Revenue FAQs.